Today, i followed Microsoft article to create it a SQL alias.
After creating an SQL alias in SQL configuration manager.
When i opened SSMS and try to login with New SQL Alias name got hit by below error.
I got above error if authentication is Windows but if a changed to SQL server authentication was able to connect the new SQL Alias without any issue
1. Ping the new SQL Alias name was getting response.
2. Checked the DNS entry.
3. Checked for error in event viewer and found " SSPI handshaked Failed" in application log
We have to create Disable loop back check in registry editor.
Powershell to create it.
New-ItemProperty HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa -Name "DisableLoopbackCheck" -Value "1" -PropertyType dword
We can created it manaully by following below steps:-
1. Ctrl + R type Regedit hit enter.
2.EXPAND "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\CONTROL\LSA"
3. Right Click on LSA, New and click DWORD32.
4. Give name to it DisableLoopbackCheck, modify the value to 1.
After this i was able to login with New SQL Alias using windows authentication.
Happy SharePointing :)