This post will help you to configure the User Profile Service application
User Profile Service application require MMS application in running mode.please make sure you configure MMS before you start with User profile service.
So let get started :)
1. Open Central Administration--> Application Management--> Manage Service Application
2. Click New and Select User Profile service Application
4. UPS Application will have 3 database (Profile,Synchronization and Social). Enter a name according to your choice and click Create
5. It will take few minutes to configure your User Profile Service application.
6. Once it is done,you can see it listed on Manage Service Application page.
8. Navigate to Manage service on server.
9. Start the user profile service,it take 40 second for this to get started.
10. Now click start the user profile synchronization service, enter farm administrator username and password. Click OK
11. User profile sync minimum it take around 1 minute and max 20 minutes.
12 User profile Sync service will configure the ForeFront Identity Manager Windows Services.
We will create a UPA connection in PART-2
If your User profile synchronization service is stuck on starting.Click on link on how to troubleshoot it.