I got a request from one of my client that he want to hide the default attach option in the list.
This applies to SharePoint Online,2013 and 2010. Two way of doing this one from GUI and other from Powershell. I will using GUI in this blog.
So lets get started :)
1. Open you list and click on New Item. Verify that attachment is enabled.
2. On ribbon,click on List tab and click on List Settings.
3. Now, Click on Advanced Settings.
4. Scroll down and look for attachments.
5. Select Disabled and Click OK.
6. Click New item to verify and attachment option is gone from your list.
Very straight forward steps .Hope it helps :)
Happy SharePointing :)